This year is going to be a great year for smartphones. There’re many new features being developed by the companies that may radically change our smartphone experience, including displays with narrow bezels, dual cameras on the front and much more than that.
A number of these features will also be incorporated into budget smartphones, and the smartphones thus produced will be best budget smartphones ever launched by their respective companies. Here we’re going to take you through a couple of those great budget smartphones which will be launched this year. Let’s begin:
#1. Xiaomi Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus
Successor of company’s highly successful Redmi 4 smartphone, Redmi 5 will come with a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display having resolution of 1,440 x 720 pixels, Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor, 2GB RAM, 12mp primary camera and 5mp secondary camera. It will have internal storage of 16GB, and there will also be another version with 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The whole thing will be powered by a 3,300 mAh battery.
But that’s not all – there will also be a Plus version of device, with Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor, 3GB RAM, 5.99-inch display (2,160 x 1,080 px resolution), 32GB internal storage and 4,000 mAh battery. And just like its smaller sibling, there will also be another version of device with 4GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage.
The highlight of both Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus is that they will have 18:9 aspect ratio displays with narrow bezels, which can make them probably the most attractive devices in budget segment.
#2. Honor 9 Lite 32GB
While not exactly a budget smartphone because its price is above 10K INR, this smartphone may come under the budget segment within a few months of its availability. Right now it’s going to be available on Flipkart from Jan 21 at a price of Rs. 10,999, but these extra 1K INR may get dropped in next few months, which will bring it into budget segment.
Now, the specs sheet of Honor 9 Lite is one of a kind. Read it carefully – dual 13mp+2mp cameras on both front and back sides, octa-core processor, 3GB RAM, 5.65-inch IPS LCD display with 1,080 x 2,160 px resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio, 32GB of internal storage and 3,000 mAh battery. And yes, it runs Android 8.0 Oreo.
So, four cameras. Latest version of Android and a large display having narrow bezels and high resolution. As I said, it’s a one of a kind device in its price segment. Won’t you want to have it?
#3. Nokia 1
Nokia has also been making some pretty awesome smartphones since its comeback, and it’s expected that this year company will launch another great budget smartphone called Nokia 1.
While not much is known about this device as of now, some early rumors suggest that it will come with 5-inch HD display, 1GB RAM, 8mp primary camera, 5mp secondary camera and 8GB of internal storage. Now, these are obviously not some very good specs, but the phone will have 3 great things at least:
- First among them is premium build quality. Nokia had promised to offer smartphones with solid build quality at every price point, so we can expect Nokia 1 to have a metal body and other features of premium build quality.
- Second is AndroidGo. This is a lighter version of Android 8.0 Oreo designed specifically for entry-level smartphones. While it has almost all major features of Android, it comes with fewer pre-installed apps and also tends to be lighter on storage, thus allowing even budget smartphones to offer super smooth experience.
- Timely updates will be the 3rdmajor advantage of Nokia 1. Since it will run stock Android, it will receive all future updates in a timely manner.
These things collectively can make it one of the best entry-level smartphones in the budget segment.
#4. Sony Xperia L2
Sony also keeps a few of its high quality smartphones in the budget segment, and one of them is Xperia L1. Now, this year company has launched the successor of that smartphone called Xperia L2, which comes with a 5.5-inch HD (1,280 x 720 px) display, Android Nougat OS, quad-core MediaTek MT6737T processor and 3GB RAM.
The device has got a 13mp primary camera and 8mp wide-angle selfie camera, and to power the device there’s a 3,300 mAh battery underneath.
#5. Samsung’s Online Exclusive Lineup
Xiaomi might’ve been enjoying its leadership in the budget smartphone segment since last year, but Samsung has decided to spoil its party now. We’ve heard that the global king of smartphone market is preparing its own online exclusive smartphone lineup to counter the budget smartphones of Xiaomi.
Right now we don’t know about any specific devices that will be launched under this lineup. However, it has been heard that the devices of this series will be as feature-rich as Xiaomi’s budget smartphones but will still be priced very aggressively. Needless to say that this lineup is also worth waiting for.
So, these are the top budget smartphones going to be launched in 2018. And as you can see, a number of them are so feature-rich that they can truly change the face of Indian budget smartphone market. The leaders of this segment are still likely to remain the same – it will be a battle between Xiaomi and Samsung, but the top selling devices are likely to look and feel completely different from the ones that are available in the segment right now.
What are your thoughts about all these devices? Will you buy any of them? If yes, then which one and why? Share your thoughts in the comments as we’d love to hear them.
Incoming search terms:
- best budget smartphone 2018 com
- best upcoming smartphone in budget
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1832 JldZTyDjXO-e_P3rhQ3nEeyc2bNUW6-K7veHCPhtA3Gf202yfG5ElYOJOWkc77B0 c67341f2375350fdaaa8fc17ff642d7758e035df&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1836 U2dOMBLGkn16E73-k84jp6CHiukboXvAUXxOe92a0kdWmrwBEuCqdD4BEX5ncQE5 5a6a0e6f6cc0883908cbcb4d15331435ec52894d&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- upcoming budget smartphones