The date of Mobile World Congress (February 26, 2018) is approaching, and smartphone makers are preparing to launch some of their coolest devices at it. The trade show has become arguably the largest event revolving around mobile technology in the world, and as a result it attracts unparalleled media coverage, industry heavyweights and experts from around the globe.
These things obviously make it the best stage for smartphone makers to launch their flagship devices, which has been happening for several years now. This year too we’re expecting some really cool smartphones to be launched at the event. But which smartphones will they be?
Well, we don’t know the entire list, but here we’re going to talk about the top 5 among them, which are highly likely to be unveiled on this big stage. Let’s take a look on them:
- Huawei P20: Huawei has had a little bit of mixed history at MWC. Sometimes it has used the event to launch its flagship smartphones, sometimes not. However, since last year company had launched its P10 and P10 Plus smartphones, there’s a chance that something similar may happen once again. Company’s P20 smartphone, which will succeed P10, is already in rumors from a long time, so it’s possible that it may be launched at MWC. And just in case if it comes, we want to tell you that it’s going to be one hell of a smartphone. That’s true, because rumors suggest that it may come with a solid 40mp triple lens camera having 5x hybrid zoom, 24mp selfie camera, face unlocking, octa-core Kirin 970 chipset, 6GB RAM and a large display with extremely narrow bezels! In short, it’s gonna be a HUGE device in every department, possibly the best among everything else that will be launched at MWC.
- Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Samsung couldn’t launch its Galaxy S8 at MWC last year because Snapdragon 835, the chip included in the device, hadn’t been launched. That’s not a problem anymore, as Snapdragon 845 has already been launched by Qualcomm. So this year at MWC we may see the launch of Galaxy S9, which is rumored to come with a 12mp single-lens primary camera (dual-lens in S9 Plus), 5.77-inches large Infinity display (6.22-inch in S9 Plus), 8mp secondary camera, Snapdragon 845 SoC and 4GB RAM. A bigger battery is also expected to be a part of this phone’s specs sheet.
- Nokia 9: After a number of interesting smartphone launches last year from Nokia 2 to Nokia 8 (except Nokia 4) this year company is expected to launch a Nokia 9, which will compete with the top end flagships out in the market. The smartphone is expected to come with a 5.5-inch display having 18:9 aspect ratio, Snapdragon 835 processor, 6GB RAM, 12mp+13mp dual-lens primary camera, 5mp selfie camera and 3,250 mAh battery with support for QuickCharge 3.0 technology. HMD Global, the company that makes Nokia smartphones, has already sent out press invites for one of its conferences at MWC, so there’s a very high probability that Nokia 9 may be launched at MWC 2018.
- Xiaomi Mi 7: Xiaomi had launched its Mi 5 flagship at MWC in 2016, but last year company didn’t even show up at the event. Now this year it has decided to make a comeback to MWC, so it’s possible that a Mi 7 may be launched at the event. The device is rumored to come with Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB RAM, 6-inch bezel-less display, face-unlocking and dual-lens primary camera. The fingerprint sensor is reportedly going to be ditched in favor of face unlocking feature, just as it was ditched by Apple to maximize the screen-to-body ratio.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5: And then there will be a great mid-range smartphone too, which we’re calling Redmi Note 5. This particular device is expected to come with a 5.99-inch display having 2k resolution (2,160 x 1,080 px) and narrow bezels. Just like all modern displays, it will be a display with aspect ratio of 18:9. Other rumored specs of device include Snapdragon 632 processor, dual-lens primary camera, 5mp selfie camera and memory configurations of 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage. The device is likely to run MIUI 9 ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat operating system.
So these’re the top 5 smartphones with a high probability of launch at MWC 2018. Now it remains to be seen how many of these are actually launched, and how accurate the rumor mill remains about their specs. We’ll let you know about each of these devices as they’re unveiled during the event, so keep checking back.
Incoming search terms:
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1826 jcvBWCPUbw3vqjMWSK6-4FwNTOxRomkky-9JmS0rj_w52KDyUE5npp7DUAA0itxJ 5bec84b3ee7a62cc9a5b76b2721cba2875db762b&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme