Xiaomi’s Oreo update for Mi A1 has gone through a troubled roll out recently. The update was pushed by the company on 31st of December in a phased roll out, but 15 days later it had to be suspended on 15th of January because it was causing performance issues.
From freezing dialler and camera apps to fingerprint and recent apps button becoming inactive, there were a number of things wrong with the update. So as a result, the company had to temporarily suspend the roll out of update the day before yesterday. But now, within 48 hrs, the issues have been fixed and company has resumed the roll out once again. So rather than having to manually update your Mi A1 now you can receive the update through OTA route itself. Given below are the steps needed to do that:
How to update Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 8.0 Oreo?
- Navigate to Settings >> System Updates.
- Tap “Check for Updates”
- When official Android Oreo firmware update (build number 170623.026.8.1.10)is shown, tap the download button. If you had installed the last update of Xiaomi, the download size will be 89mb only. But if you didn’t install the last update then the size of this update will be 1.1GB.
- Once your update has been downloaded, you will have two options. One will be that of installing the update, and another to install the update later. If your battery is charged at least 70%, you can tap the ‘Install’ button immediately. Otherwise you should first of all charge your phone till 70% and then proceed with the installation.
- Once you’ve hit the install button, let the phone do its thing. Your phone will be updated automatically, and during the process it may also restart a couple of times – don’t worry about it. Just let it happen.
- Once everything is done, your phone will restart like normal and you’ll receive the Success notification. When you’ll navigate to the Settings >> About Phone section it will show Android version 8.0.
Android Oreo update of Mi A1 comes with several bug fixes and it also includes the Security Patch for January 2018, so installing it is a must for all users of this smartphone. You too should install it as soon as possible. So do it now and enjoy the increased security and a better experience of Android 8.0 Oreo.