So finally it has happened – Samsung has launched its long-awaited Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus smartphones. And thanks to leaks, there’s not a lot of new stuff in them that we don’t know. Almost everything is in-line with the leaks. However, we’ll still take a look on all that was told about these devices today by the company while launching them. Let’s begin:
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Specifications
The specs of both these devices are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy S9: Snapdragon 845/Exynos 9810 chipset (depending on your country), 4GB RAM, 5.8-inch Super AMOLED Infinity display with QHD+ resolution, 12mp primary camera and 8mp secondary camera. A 3,000 mAh battery powers the device, and it’s available with internal storage options of 64GB and 256GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: The bigger Galaxy S9 is better from its sibling in all major departments. It has got a 6.2-inch QHD+ display, 12mp dual-lens primary camera and 8mp secondary camera. Its battery is also 3,500 mAh. Rest is pretty much the same, including the processor.
Now let’s take a look on the features of these devices.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Features
The features of Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus revolve mostly around the cameras. In Galaxy S9 the primary camera comes with variable aperture lens, which adjusts mechanically between f/1.4 and f/2.4 to provide stunning photos under all types of lighting conditions. The f/1.4 setting provides 28% more light to capture images under low light, while f/2.4 is great for outdoor shooting. According to Samsung, it captures 30% better low-light images with better multi-frame noise reduction.
Other features of the device are as follows:
- Super Slo-Mo videos: In comparison to standard 240 fps, Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus can record videos at 960 fps, which is 4 times slower than the traditional rate.
- AR Emoji: These’re the 3D emojis we had heard about, here to answer Apple’s Animojis (but unfortunately, they’re not as sleek and polished as Apple’s Animojis). As expected, they map your face to 3D characters for creating 3D emojis.
- Stereo speakers: According to Samsung they’re 40% louder than the speakers included in Galaxy S8. So you’ll certainly be able to hear them.
- IP68 dust and water resistance
- Fast wired as well as wireless charging
If you keep a tab on our updates, you might’ve heard about these features well before the launch. But even if you don’t, now you know what all is packed in this device.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Price
Galaxy S9 has been priced at $720, while S9+ will retail for $840. It’s lower than our expected price of $1,000, which is a good thing that can give Samsung an advantage over other flagships. Perhaps the company has saved its $1,000 price tag for its foldable Galaxy X smartphone-tablet hybrid, which is a good thing.
The pre-booking of Galaxy S9+ has already started and you can book the device from shop.samsung.com for Rs. 2,000 INR. Pre-orders of Galaxy S9 will begin from March, so you can expect the shipping to begin around 16th of March.
Incoming search terms:
- Samsung launched its Galaxy S9 smartphone